A clipped hedge of American beech encircles a sculpture by ; the former polo-pony barn was built in 1945.
The trees in front of the circa-1845 Greek Revival house include, from left, pecan, American holly, southern magnolia, and red oak.
The screened porch’s cedar floor and wall panels are from a local Mennonite sawmill, and the 19th-century table is from Kentucky.
The hill on the farm at dawn.
In the main garden of ’s home in Giles County, Tennessee, boxwood hedges surround a Muskogee crape myrtle tree. The plantings include several varieties of miscanthus and daylilies.