In this day in age, communication comes in various forms. When words do not suffice, texting via emojis is oftentimes the only way to get your point across. Remodeling your home? Insert house emoji + dollar bills emoji. Flipping through just-released coffee table books? Insert coffee cup emoji + book stack emoji. Alas, there is still some convolution in the dialogue. This July, thanks to the tech company that's behind these conversation characters, decorating and gardening lovers will have a lot more to work with (insert confetti popping emoji and tiny flamenco dancer in a ruffled red dress emoji!). Ironically, pictures of the 250 additions have yet to be released. Below, in no particular order, we highlight descriptions (yes, in this thing called words) of our soon-to-be favorites from the emoji dictionary update.
- Couch and lamp: It's hard to believe there are three preexisting shower options, but not this!
- Sleeping accomodations: We can only assume this means.... a bed.
- Hammer and wrench: For all your home improvement needs.
- Fork and knife with plate: Tablescape 101.
- 24 new leaves and buds: The flower market is officially at your fingertips.
- Candle: Exact scent is TBD.
- Mantlepiece clock: An antiquated way of telling time, but a timeless decorative object.
- Frame with picture: Insert 10 of these and you'll have yourself a gallery wall.
- Back of envelope, stamped envelope, pen over stamped envelope, lower left fountain pen + 7 more stationery/correspondence-related additions: Because, obviously, the art of sending a handwritten note has evolved.
For the complete list of the 250 new emojis, .
This story originally appeared on