Siweb and the La Cienega Design Quarter gave the Legends of La Cienega Design program a Hollywood spin for 2010. The event, held from May 6 through 8, featured a V.I.P gala kickoff, followed by two days of signature design experiences held in the tastemaking galleries and shops that have made La Cienega one of the most glamorous design destinations in the country.
To download the full list of events, click here.
Interior Designers' Work Inspired by Films and Television Shows:
• Alice in Wonderland by Josh Brown at Outside Downtown
• Auntie Mame by Woodson & Rummerfield at Baker
• Breakfast at Tiffany's by Richard Hallberg at Navona Antiques
• The Chalk Garden by Mark Williams at Ralf's Antiques
• Cleopatra by Katie Leede at Szalon
• A Clockwork Orange and The Birds by Jane Hallworth at Lee Stanton Antiques
• Dangerous Liaisons by Tim Corrigan at Reborn Antiques
• Dr. Zhivago by Dayna Lee at George Smith Handmade Furniture & Fabrics
• The Fountainhead by Oliver Furth at Bausman & Co.
• Goldfinger by James Radin at Mecox Gardens
• Green Acres by Jeffrey Alan Marks at Downtown
• Grey Gardens by Kathleen Clements and Tommy Clements at Hollywood at Home & Peter Dunham Textiles
• Indochine by Cliff Fong at Downtown
• L.A. Confidential by Kevin Corn at Maison Schembri
• Lawrence of Arabia by Philip Nimmo at Compas Architectural Stone, Inc.
• A Passage to India by Peter Dunham at Hollyhock
• Pillow Talk by Sheldon Harte at Gray Morell
• Romy and Michele's High School Reunion by Mark Cutler at Maison au Naturel
• To Catch a Thief by David Phoenix at Therien & Co.
• The Wrestler by Trip Haenisch at Ralf's Antiques
Leading SDSA Set Decorators' Current Work and Tributes:
• A Tribute to Horror Films by Don Diers (Drag Me to Hell and Down with Love) at Brueton LA
• A Tribute to Film Noir by Laura Richarz (True Blood, Cheers, and Three's Company) and David Smith (Cirque du Freak, Shop Girls, Imagine That, and Holiday) at Jean de Merry
• A Tribute to Black and White Television Classics by Peter Gurski and Melinda Ritz (Will and Grace) at Scalamandré
• A Tribute to Romantic and Musical Comedies of the '50s and '60s by Melissa Levander (The Conspirator, Made of Honor, and Little Miss Sunshine) at Dragonette Ltd.
• A Tribute to Silent Films by Jeffrey Kushon (Marmaduke, Idlewild, Cinderella Story, and Blade II) at Woven Accents
• A Tribute to Animated Films by Rand Sagers (Torque, White Squall, and Shanghai Noon) at Woven Accents
• Rosemary Brandenburg, Public Enemies, at Szalon
• Susan Benjamin, Dinner for Schmucks, at NOHO Modern
• Danielle Berman, The Hangover, at Marge Carson
• Ron Franco, Heroes, at John J. Nelson Antiques, LLC
• Jill Sprayregen Henkel, Entourage, at City Review
• Amber Haley, Modern Family, at Antique Rug Company/The Rug Affair
• Barbara Munch, Glee, at Jamal's Rug Collection
• Ann Shea, Big Bang Theory, at Todd Hase Furniture, INC.
• Amy Wells, Mad Men, at Paul Marra Design
• Amy Wells, The Single Man, at The Nanz Company and Remains Lighting